L&T Shipbuilding is geared to handle ship repairs, refits and conversions catering to commercial and Defence ships/submarines and offshore platforms.
A shiplift of 200m x 46m with lifting capacity of 21050 tons (future extension planned for larger vessels) along with transfer system and dry berths enables quick turnaround of ships. There are 04 wet berths of 260 / 200 meters length.
With well equipped production shops, L&T Shipbuilding can undertake all kinds of repair jobs including specialized jobs such as Main Engine overhaul, propeller repairs and hull treatment.
One of the major requirements for ship repairs is the timely availability of spares for vessels. Towards this end L&T's global network of offices ensures speedy procurement and clearance of both indigenous and imported spares.
The work force is vertically specialized and is committed to meet the customer expectations of timely delivery at reasonable costs.
Facilities For Repairs, Refits And Conversions
Berthing and Docking
- Length – 260 / 200m
- Width - 46 m
- Lifting Capacity – 21050 T
- No. of Dry Berths - 6
- Total Dry Berth area - 28, 500 sq m
- Lifting Capacity - 21050 T
- No of berths - 4 Nos.
- Each Berth Length – 260 / 200m
All berths are adequately serviced by cranes, power supply, fire main lines, cooling water systems etc.
Ship Repair Shops
Repairs of hull, engines, propulsion, electrical and electronic items etc. can be undertaken in designated shops / bays.
EQUIPMENT IN REPAIR SHOPS
- HP Water Jet Machine (3000 psi)
- CNC Lathe
- 250 HD Lathe
- Vertical Milling Machine
- Radial Drilling Machine
- 400 HD Lathe
- Dynamic Balancing Machine
- Horizontal Boring Machine
- Boom lifts
- Battery operated trucks
- Scissor lifts
Services on Offer
- General docking for all kinds of ships and submarines
- Conversion of vessels for role change
- Steel renewals including areas such as bulbous bows, DB tanks, Hatch covers etc.
- Tank coating- Surface preparation and coating of tanks under controlled conditions
- Hull preservation- Hydro jet blasting, Grit/ Copper slag blasting for hull as per coating standards up to SA 2.5
- Main engine overhauls- Capable of undertaking liner honing, valve grinding, cylinder head reconditioning,line boring etc.
- Propulsion system overhauls and repairs- All repairs related to propulsion systems like CPP, SKF couplings etc.
- Propeller reconditioning- Repairs to damaged propellers using Class approved procedures and stress relieving techniques
- Repairs of Deck Machineries such as Capstans, Winches, Cranes and Davits
- Servicing of hydraulic and pneumatic equipment
- Renewal of piping's including those made of specialized materials like SS, Titanium, Cu-Ni etc.
- Servicing of air conditioning and refrigeration systems
- Repair of navigational equipment, electrical, electronic and instrumentation systems
- Repair of Control Systems
- Servicing of LSA / FFA