L&T Shipbuilding undertakes Ship Repairs, Refits and Mid-Life Upgrades catering to Defence Ships, Submarines and Commercial Ships.
The shipyard has a shiplift of 200 m x 46 m with Nominal Lifting Capacity of 21050 tons (future extension planned for larger vessels) along with transfer system and adequate number of dry and wet berths. They enable multiple berthing and quick turnaround of ships.
With well-equipped production shops, L&T Shipbuilding can undertake all kinds of repair jobs including specialized jobs such as Hull Treatment, Main Engine / DG Routines, Auxiliary Equipment Jobs, PGD / Control System Jobs, Propeller Repairs etc.
One of the major requirements for ship repairs is the timely availability of spares for vessels. Towards this end L&T's global network of offices ensures speedy procurement and clearance of both indigenous and imported spares.
The work force is vertically specialized and is committed to meet the customer expectations of timely delivery at reasonable costs.
Facilities For Repairs, Refits And Mid-Life Upgrades
- Berthing and Docking
- Length – 200m (Extendable to 260m)
- Width - 46 m
- Lifting Capacity – 21050 T
- Dry Berths
- Wet Berths
- All berths are adequately serviced by cranes, power supply, fire main lines, cooling water systems etc.
- Dedicated Ship Repair Shops
- Repairs of hull, engines, propulsion, electrical and electronic items etc. are undertaken in designated shops / bays.
Services on Offer
- Docking for all kinds of ships and submarines
- Mid-Life Upgrades of vessels for life enhancement
- Steel renewals, Hull preservation (Hydro jet blasting, Grit/ Copper slag blasting for hull as per coating standards up to SA 2.5), Tank coating (Surface preparation and coating of Hull/Tanks under controlled conditions), etc.
- Main engine overhauls (Liner honing, valve grinding, cylinder head reconditioning, line boring etc.)
- Propulsion system overhauls and repairs- All repairs related to propulsion systems like CPP, SKF couplings etc.
- Propeller reconditioning- Repairs to damaged propellers using Class approved procedures and stress relieving techniques
- Repairs of Deck Machineries such as Capstans, Winches, Cranes and Davits
- Servicing of hydraulic and pneumatic equipment
- Renewal of pipings including those made of specialized materials like SS, Titanium, Cu-Ni etc.
- Servicing of air conditioning and refrigeration systems
- Repair of navigational equipment, electrical, electronic and instrumentation systems
- Repair of Control Systems
- Servicing of LSA / FFA